Yes, I do realise he is a fictional character and quite simple minded at that, but there is a lot of wisdom in his quotes. After all, he did become a “gazillionaire” and taught Elvis how to dance.
1. “And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.” When you love what you do, you become successful, no matter if its cutting grass or trading stocks. Remember the things that were important to you before you became so focused on making money, and keep them in perspective.
2. “Stupid is as stupid does.” Being smart doesn’t always mean having a high IQ, it means making good decisions and being wise with your resources.
3. “When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go… you know… I went.” Make sure that while you’re furiously climbing the ladder to success that you are taking the time to look after yourself. It may seem like your getting ahead by working long hours, but it will backfire on you when you burn out or breakdown and have to take weeks or months off to recover.
4. “My Momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” This one is a classic, and of course had to be included in any famous quotes list. But there is a lot of truth to it, life never turns out the way you planned. Don’t be scared to take a chance and bite into something new, you might just like it.
5. “That’s all I have to say about that.” Know when to speak up and when to shut up.
At Media Messages, we have learned the lessons of Forrest Gump, and applied them to our own business creating on hold messaging for businesses. We are happy to offer any tips on how messages on hold can help improve your company profile and get you on your way to becoming a “gazillionaire”.